Someone wrote a post in response to my previous top 10 list – Why Pastors Should Befriend an Artist, so I have created a new top 10 list on Why Pastors Should Marry a Vocalist. Enjoy!
“Top Ten Reasons Why Pastors Should Marry a Vocalist”
10. Church search committees salivate when they think they can get a “2 for 1” deal
9. You can be sure that her critiques of YOUR sermons will be brief since she doesn’t want to hear your thoughts on HER solo.
8. A wife with studio quality talent can save you lots of money since she can sing your favorite songs on demand.
7. A female vocalist can see and hear things on stage that pastors often miss (like “Did you see how Mrs. Jones looked at you when you told that story?”).
6. Last minute live sermon illustrations are easier to accommodate, especially if she can also act.
5. When visitors neglect to comment on the sermon, but instead focus on the beautiful offertory, you can feel better about keeping the compliments “in house”
4. A partner who can commiserate about being appreciated for our gifts and not our heart.
3. Winning games like Trivial Pursuit and Name That Song become far easier.
2. You never have to wonder if you missed your calling as a singer/songwriter.
1. You never have to worry about who will sing the offertory this Sunday